Southern states is no stranger to sweltering heat and skyrocketing summer temperatures. A reliable air conditioner is a sweet comfort in the midst of summer’s heat, but if your air conditioner begins to falter, don’t panic. Our team has compiled some quick tips to help you check up on your system and decide if professional help is needed. Don’t sweat it – our team has you covered!
- Thermostat: be sure your thermostat is set to “cool” mode and is reading the proper temperature.
- Drainage: check your system’s drain to be sure it is not clogged or otherwise full of water.
- Refrigerant: can possibly dwindle low or leak, preventing your unit from keeping you cool. Call our trained technicians to recharge your system.
- Sensor problems: the thermostat’s sensor can be misled by TVs, lamps, and other heat radiating appliances in close proximity.
- Dirty filter: prevents your unit from circulating air, decreasing efficiency and cool air supplied to your home.
If you suspect any of these issues with your air conditioning system, or you are unsure how to remedy the problem, utilize our trained technicians to expertly service your unit. We are happy to help with your AC and heating questions – call extreme at one of our locations for a free quote!